Thursday, April 22

Let's start the day in the best of ways... this year edition.

In celebration of my director's birthday and my coworker planting blackberries on farmville, I'll give you 5 examples of wonderful ways to start your day.  One of these was today.

ნაყინი (nakini) nightmares.
The deputy director, a sweet woman, told me I might want to pull my skirt up (fixed with a pin because lack of dryer stretched it out), and that my underwear's showing.  I was wearing one of the Christmas presents from my parents, stuffed in the toe of my boots when they sent them over.  They were bright pink.

warm weather's revenge
The very first time it's warm enough to eat in the kitchen and not in the living/petchi room, I arrived late to school because the clock in the kitchen is 5 minutes slow.  My 12th graders were loitering outside, so I apologized and asked if they were coming to class.  Later I realized I had them 3rd period and not 1st.  I should have been apologizing to the 3rd graders.  Whatev.

just another day in Georgia
I arrived late to school and had forgotten my phone and meds.  I searched for my counterpart, but she arrived later than I because she had a cold and low blood pressure and looked like she was about to collapse.  She'd tried to call me twice.  That same day, I had one student in 12th grade.  I made him listen to "A Whole New World" and write in the pronouns.

have to wear gloves next time I weed...
One fine morning I woke up.  I was very grateful that I woke up.  The night before my pinky was red and swollen and my wrist hurt.  I was so afraid I wouldn't wake up that I wrote the medical duty phone number on a scrap of paper, labeled it in Georgian, and left it next to my bed.  I looked at my arm and saw a red line running from my pinky, twisting down my arm to my elbow.  Hooray!

should've left the bag in the magic cupboard
One winter morning, I wanted museli.  I also wanted to keep the bag fresh.  I ran up to my room quickly to fetch some tape, and I slipped on the freshly-mopped landing and cracked my head open on the stairs.  When the ambulance driver came, he did paperwork over tea and honey while my head was leaking blood all over the pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment