Tuesday, February 16

Bad Thing #3...

So.

The world laughs at my pain and comes full circle to deliver bad thing #3: computer issues.

I laugh back and decide to bite the bullet and install a linux-based OS--Kubuntu.  Why that over Ubuntu?  Gut feeling.  And it looked prettier.

Trent's taken well to it thus far.  I still have to convert all my files and customize the interface how I want it.  Probably with pretty pictures of warm things to get me through the cold month or so to go.

However, the world (read: magti and consumerism) laughs back at me for trying to have free love, a free spirit, and a free OS.  Magti's modem's drivers don't work with linux-based OSes.  Boo.

And I'm still trying to figure this one out.  If anyone has any clue how to make it work, throw me a lifeline!  kplzthxbai.

3 comments:

  1. It works with Ubuntu. So so much for your gut feelings. :P Guess you couldn't just hold back from that Lucid Lynx or Candid Koala or whatever crap they call that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that it DOESN'T work with Ubuntu, Mr. itsis-kwelaperi. (ahem). So you can just get off your high horse and stop giving me crap, okay? Jeez. Get a person excited that there's a comment, then just cut away all the happiness by insulting them. Thanks a lot. It seems I just can't trust gut feelings, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! It's Ben. Don't know when you'll be able to check this, but I just wanted to share with all of the CHS choir people. The Naropa Chorus is now working on Lacrymosa from Mozart's Requiem. It's exciting actually knowing a piece we're singing. Hope everything is going well over there Paula. Miss you <3

    ReplyDelete