Friday, February 5

Minetrebi, babo.

I'll keep this short.  I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone that I've neglected to thank lately.

Thank you for everyone who's sent me mail: Mary, Clare, Holly, Kurt, Jen, Kerrie, Kayleigh, Lisa, and the people from Trinity who gave me b-day cards, too.

Thank you especially for the people who sent me things in boxes like marshmallows, new headphones that hopefully won't break in a week, and that handy-dandy flosser thing--Jen, Kurt, Mary and the Ehlerses, the ladies at church, and my family.  Every month, sometimes multiple times, I'm reminded there's people back in the land of plenty and peanut butter that love me and support what I'm doing here even though I often relate more with the freshly plucked chicken sitting in the fridge.

Thank you to all the people supporting me through this past week or so since I found out my grandma passed away.  I need all of you more than ever now, even though I feel like I've been quite self-concerned and not as giving/productive as I could be.  It's gonna take a while to heal, a while longer than I thought at first.  The stares are getting to me more, the lack of work ethic is getting to me more, the lack of planning is getting to me... even though my situation is MILES better than most volunteers.

So, yes.  Thanks to everyone. Dzalian didi madloba.  Muchas gracias.  I love and miss you all.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Paula, sorry to hear about your Grandma. Sending you belated happy thoughts and hugs <3

    ReplyDelete