Wednesday, June 30

Summer rains, you can never predict 'em.

Dear employer,

This letter is to explain the lack of position title for my work experience post-graduation.
I've just spent over a year in Georgia.  My official title was Peace Corps English Education Volunteer; however, considering the various roles I played, I hesitate to limit my job description to those five words.  Before I left the United States, I never imagined the titles I can now put on my CV.  Among these unanticipated titles are the following:

-Pizza Caterer
-Resident IT Expert
-IT Training Leader
-Shoe Washer
-Birthday Card Manufacturer
-Pants Hole Mender
-Kahlua, Creme Liqueur, and Raspberry Liqueur Preparer
-Toast Leader in Georgian
-Impromptu Entertainer (Singing, Dancing)
-Guest of Honor (this IS a job.)\
-Child Psychological Advisor
-Untrained Clinical Psychologist
-Grape, Mulberry, and Raspberry Harvester
-5K Runner
-Yoga Instructor
-Mathematics English-to-Georgian Translator
-High School Diploma Scribe

Considering the variety and dissimilarity of these roles, I decided to leave my job title for this period blank.  I hope I can earn at least half as many surprise job titles when working with you.

Thank you for your consideration.

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment